Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Week 17:

Advertising is a major part of any business and can only be seen where a lot of eyes are. Since the old days, businesses have put up posters on walls of buildings many people walk by and even on billboards on the freeway. Now in 2018, many people's eyes are on their phones and laptops looking at social media. This, of course, is one of the most perfect places to advertise a business.

This class has taught me a lot of things about social media. I know communication between customers and the company is important for the company to Improve. Social media can not only be used as a way to advertise and let consumers know what's going on but also use it as feedback to improve the businesses that protect them and the consumers.

Through this class, I have also learned that beig efficient and consitent with your advertsing is also important. Posting a steady amount of times per week keeps viewers engaged and good numbers afloat. Businesses need attention and interest to stay alive because attention and interest equals money. Even the design of the posts are critical. A post has to be well-written to appear professional, positive, and pro-consumer as well as having an engaging image that will draw attention to the viewer. For example, if I were to advertise a new fast food burger, I would have to use a high quality image of the burger I'm selling as well as describe the delicious ingredients of the sandwich.

Twitter and Facebook being the most popular social media websites are the best places for every business. It's easy to post videos, photos, polls, etc., and both sites have data analytics that are easy enough to understand. These graphs tell how often viewers are engaging with the page and how well-received each post is. Businesses can reflect on this data and figure out what areas they can improve on and figure out what the consumer wants.

Overall, I did enjoy this class and I got a better understanding on how online marketing works. If my business were real, I would definitely use all the tools I have learned how to use in this class, whether it be Twitter, Facebook, or even Mailchimp. I can't just post an update every once in a while like I normally do on social media, I have to actually try and engage the consumers to keep business running. Without all I have learned, I think my business would be much more likely to become more irrelevant. Thank you Ms. Faulk for being an awesome teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment