Sunday, December 9, 2018

Week 16

My personal favorite tools for my business social media were Twitter and the Facebook insights. Twitter is one of the most popular place to connect for gamers, so it makes sense for my business to post updates regularly there. Facebook is useful on that front too, though not as well-populated by gamers. Its analytics, however, seem to be very useful and accurate especially if my business gets a lot of traffic. 

The platforms I would want to use are Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube. Twitter and Facebook are what I would use to advertise my Twitch page and upcoming tournaments for people to compete in. While Facebook is not as popular with gamers, there still are plenty of gamers who use Facebook. Twitch is the most popular place for broadcasting tournaments whether they be online or offline. It's the most efficient and simple platform to stream to and epic moments can be clipped and viewed at later times. YouTube can be good for streaming too, though you cannot clip parts of streams and financial featurs like donations and subscriptions aren't as well acessible there. YouTube is better for uploading sections of one long stream each containing a set between two players in the stream's bracket. Sometimes one set in a tournament can be really exciting, especially grand finals. 

If I had weekly tournaments going on, I would naturally stream them on Twitch every week. As soon as each set is done, I would upload them straight to YouTube so viewers can watch it again without having to find it on the whole recorded stream. When it comes to Twitter and Facebook, I will want to spend every now and then every week posting about upcoming tournaments. The more I post about it, the more attention it will recieve and the more likely people will show up. 

Say for the next month, I would plan to advertise a new Smash Bros. tournament. I would have to make an exciting trailer for the tournament, create a page on the rules and details on smash.gg, create images for the tourney's theme with basic details for it like dates and location, and advertise every two days per week. I would post on the weekends and Wednesdays simplay because it's even and consistent. Once the tournament has come, I would stream it live on Twitch for everyone to watch and upload each recorded set on YouTube. Once the tournament comes to grand finals, I would advertise my Twitch page on Facebook and twitter once again before it starts since grand finals sets tend to be the most exciting part of tournaments. I would do the same thing for every tournament, especially major ones.

This amoun of work could grow my business because it could teach the consumer that my business is consitent and trustworthy for tournament details. This will help people join the tournaments, follow the business, and watch more of X-Tension Gaming's content on both Twitch and YouTube. People like consistency and clarity, and my business should follow that path to stay afloat and grow. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cole!
    I think because you do tournaments Twitter and Facebook is the perfect social media outlet for you to get the information out as quickly as possible. I love Super Smash Bros! Your ideas for next months posts are intriguing and for sure will get you more traffic on your pages. I like the fact that you will have the tournament live this will attract more players next tournament because they will know what to expect. The amount of work to grow your business is mostly based online and the social media tools will surly help you on receiving more players. Good Luck!
    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you when it comes to gamers and Twitter. I haven't been in that industry so I didn't even think that it would be a good platform for someone else.

    ReplyDelete