Monday, November 26, 2018

Week 14




This ad is a VoD for a match I recently streamed. I didn't include a call to action button because none of them really matched what would happen if the viewer clicked the link, which of course is take them to YouTube. It would actually be better the way this ad appears since it is honest and offers only a YouTube video. The thumbnail is of course showing the viewer a general idea of what they are about to see: Kid Cobra fighting Max Brass with really long arms. If the thumbnail weren't there, the viewer would much more likely be confused as to what ARMS is and probably distrust this ad and move on.


This ad is of course a link to my YouTube channel. Since I am the creator of the X-Tension Gaming business, I might as well advertise my channel. What's most effective here in this ad is the description. I am pretty well-known in the ARMS community already and have a decent following on my channel. If I use myself as a way to advertise my business, the people who recognize me will be more likely to check out my page. My call-to-action button was of course a subscribe button since it is a YouTube channel I am advertising.


This ad more so advertises an event rather than the page. However, people can trust this page as long as I keep notifying players what tournaments they can sign up for and credit my page as reliable source for advertising upcoming events. In the description, I advertise not only a chance to play ARMS offline, but also a chance to help raise money charity. There are people out there who want be helpful and kind and reaching out to that demographic could improve the numbers. To show how legitimate this event is, I also name one of the specific charities that this event is working with. To show what players can experience at the event, I use a clip from last year's Smash Out to demonstrate what it can look like. My call-to-action button is simply "learn more," because I don't detail it as much as the link I give here. It encourages the viewer to get more info on the event and makes them more likely to sign up rather than scroll down and be indifferent about this ad. 

An objective for advertising is simply a goal to help grow a business. My best objective for my business is brand awareness since my brand is small. I advertise ARMS content, events, streams, etc. I want people to be aware of my page and rely on it as a good source for what I advertse. If my business were bigger, my objective would simply be traffic to keep the business afloat. Business can't run without good traffic otherwise they shut down. Either way, the goal is to get attention and attention for businesses equal money.



No comments:

Post a Comment