Friday, August 24, 2018

My choice for This Template

I chose this template because I like to keep things straightforward. When the reader wants to click on an article, the first thing they wanna get to is the article itself. In blogger, it shouldn't be any different.

I personally love black and purple, so the colors seem naturally right for my blog. The background image represents my love for fiery colors. The black color and size of the text boxes will set it apart from the background thus being noticed by the reader. 

This template, in my opinion, is similar to how fan wikias have large background images but are covered by a large text box. They both set the theme for what they are writing about while also keeping the focus on the material. However, unlike wikias, Blogger uses smaller text to make the reader not scroll as much whether on desktop or mobile.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cole! Yes I agree your style is really simple with bold colors and you are direct and to the point. I think if you are going to blog for a business, eventually you might customize your blog theme to better fit your product. The color contrast is very easy to read. I look forward to seeing more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cole, this template is very interesting and draws people to the content with the colors and imagery. This layout would be a fantastic marketing tool if you were blogging for a science, technical, or gaming company. The white font on black background makes for ease of reading and focusing on the content. Also, I like how the comment box is its own pop-up box, which makes it easier or people to leave you feedback. I'll definitely visit your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! …. Purple and black are a nice color combination. I like the layout of your template as it allows for your readers to navigate through your site very easily and effectively. Like you, I like things straightforward. So creating a blog template that cuts straight to the point, without the extra fluff will be refreshing to your readers. Can't wait to read more about your blog this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I like the look, simple but striking. Your layout is pretty different from mine but for very good and well explained reasons. My only suggestion, and I hate to even say anything because I am terrible about this stuff (so I feel a bit hypocritical), is the Capitalization in the title. Maybe you meant some emphasis and I am just not getting it but it seems odd to me to cap "This" but not "choice". Anyways, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete